[sidebar] October 26, 2012
The Gardens at Heather Farm, Walnut Creek, California
Presented by the Garden Conservancy and the Ruth Bancroft Garden, and co-sponsored by Pacific Horticulture and The Gardens at Heather Farm. [/sidebar]
Spend an inspiring and informative day with other passionate gardeners learning how to combine your favorite plants into stunning – and sustainable –garden compositions. The following experts will show you how:
- Ken Druse, author of Natural Companions: the Garden Lover’s Guide to Plant Combinations, presents expert plant knowledge alongside inspiring images.
- Katherine Greenberg, California native-plant expert, author, and PHS board member, demonstrates how native plant communities can inform our garden choices to lasting effect.
- Robin Stockwell, owner of Succulent Gardens nursery, will show you how to synchronize your aloes, sedums, yuccas, and aeoniums.
- Eileen Kelly, garden designer and owner of Dig Your Garden, is a connoisseur of plant vignettes for any size garden.
- And Patrick Lannan, resident designer with Flora Grubb Gardens, puts together container combos with style.
Registration for the all day event which includes lunch, an offsite tour of two private gardens, and a sunset reception at the Ruth Bancroft Garden is $85 for members of the Garden Conservancy, the Ruth Bancroft Garden, the Gardens at Heather Farm and Pacific Horticulture; $100 for general admission.
To register, visit www.gardenconservancy.org or call the Garden Conservancy’s San Francisco office at 415-441-4300.