Every year from mid-June to mid-August the Garden’s Education Program offers Green Stuff, a fun hands-on science day camp for children ages 5 to 10. Examples of activities campers might do include:
- Go on a five senses tour of the Garden
- Learn about amazing plant adaptations and habitat diversity
- Taste foods growing in our Crops of the World garden
- Become a young botanist and see plant parts up close under microscopes
- Experiment with growing your own seedlings
- Hunt for garden animals including birds, newts, lizards
and compost critters
- Discover how Native Americans of California used plants
- Make crafts from plant material to take home
- Investigate in a different part of the Garden everyday!
Green Stuff is wonderfully small camp, limited to 12 children per week with 2 counselors, where each child gets very personal attention. We break-up into even smaller groups for walks with our Botanical Garden docents – 6 children and a counselor with a docent. The counselors are two well-trained UC Berkeley students, undergraduate or graduate students in Plant Sciences and/or Education, who have experience and a love for educating young children and sharing the wonders of plants and nature.
Cost: $325/week; Family Membership $295/week
For more information: https://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/
Monday, June 12, 2017 through Friday, August 18, 2017 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM