Explore four private East Bay gardens and one greenhouse open to the public for self-guided tours to benefit the Garden Conservancy. No reservations required; rain or shine. Highlights include a tranquil Japanese style garden, panoramic views of the Bay, an artist’s subtropical oasis, a network of water features in an urban woodland, and a private pelargonium greenhouse.
Visitors may begin the tour at any of the following locations:
– Our Own Stuff Gallery Garden, 3017 Wheeler Street, Berkeley
– Leianne’s Garden, 13971 Skyline Boulevard, Oakland
– Potomac Waterworks, 2451 Potomac Street, Oakland
– Robin Parer’s Greenhouse (Open 1pm to 4pm), 505 Brookside Drive, Richmond
– Directions to the Bowyer Japanese Garden (Open 10am to 5pm) in Orinda will be provided at the above locations.
Cost: $7 per garden; children 12 & under free
For more info visit www.opendaysprogram.org
Volunteers needed! Interested? Email email@example.com.
(Photo by Marion Brenner)